- 1 Coder Kids
- 2 Galaxy Kids Code Club
- 3 Coda Kids
What is a Roblox?
Roblox is a game that many kids love. Roblox is an online-world game where users can create, explore and connect with others and reach objectives similar to Minecraft’s. The purpose of Roblox is for players (kids) to interact and make friends as a community.
Kids love this game so much because they have so much freedom to explore and create; why wouldn’t a kid love this? In addition, kids also get to dress up and customize their avatars, build objects like houses, cars, weapons etc. The best part of Roblox is that kids can play with their siblings and make new friends online.
What is Roblox coding?
According to Roblox Studio – Code in Roblox is written in a language called Lua and is stored and run from scripts. You can put scripts anywhere — if you put a script in part, Roblox will run the code in the script when the part is loaded into the game. In a way, these scripts tell the game what to do and when to do it. There are scripts for many things such as platforms, making a character jump, creating a flying pig, and anything else you can imagine.
What is a Roblox Coding Summer Camp?
Summer camps for Roblox coding are a great way to get kids involved in technology and programming space. Kids enjoy and interact with their favorite animated video games, while parents can rest assured that their kids learn valuable skills throughout summer.
Roblox Studio Summer Camp Overview
Coder Kids takes the spotlight as our #1 Roblox Coding Summer Camp simply because of their intuitive program, which has many online and in-person options in Houston, Texas. Each course has different levels of difficulty and skill, so regardless if you’re a beginner or an advanced coder kid theirs a class just for you!
They offer courses from K-12 (In-person) and 1 – 12 (Online). Coker Kids Summer Camps are not only limited to Roblox but other subjects such as:
- Roblox Studio
- Game Design In Scratch
Per Coder Kids website:
“These classes can be taken in any order, and any class with a modifier ex: (x5) can be taken multiple times with different themes. Each theme has its own set of projects. These classes add to each other and increase in difficulty as you take them, and enable you to learn deeper skills.
All of these classes are beginner-friendly and give excellent introductions to their respective coding language. If you get interested in a particular language and want to deepen your knowledge we offer private tutoring lessons.”
Coder Kids Coding Journey
As you can tell, the students journal is quite extensive and covers a lot areas. We recommend students to follow the Journey to learn at their own grade level.
At Coder Kids, we make coding fun! Coding is a rigorous academic activity, and we make it approachable for beginners, and challenging for returning students. Through our sophisticated curricula, we’ve developed a coding path, and customized progress checks for your child, so that you know exactly where they’re at!
Galaxy Kids Code Club
Roblox Summer Camp Overview
Roblox camp is perfect for kids who love Roblox and are eager to learn how to create their own games on this popular platform. Aspiring game developers will learn how to create, publish, and share their own 3D Roblox games using Roblox Studio.
Games are a highly effective platform for learning to code and explore their creativity through real computing. Roblox in particular is ideal for teaching coding because it enables young coders to create high quality 3D games in just a few hours.
|Summer Break | July 18 – 22, 9 am – 3 pm (of half day option||Roblox account required and experience playing on PC/Mac|
|Location: Brentwood, CA (in-person only)||Ages: 8+ years old|
|Fees: Learn to Code with Roblox |
(Single Day, 9AM-3PM) $110
(Single Day, 9AM-12PM) $75
|Skill Level: Beginner – Intermediate|
In This Course:
- Create and publish games to Roblox
- Write real Lua code
- Build a strong foundation in the fundamental coding concepts of algorithms, data types, variables and loops
- Develop logical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Publish games and invite friends to play
- Daily of live instruction, plus unlimited time for self-paced independent project development for the duration of enrollment
- Small class sizes
Galaxy Kids Code Club
- Galaxy Kids is a Bay Area coding club that offers Roblox coding and studio design. Started by a mother who wanted her own kids to learn to code, Galaxy Kids now offers a variety of classes and clubs in-person and virtually. In their Roblox camps, students write real code and also learn foundational coding concepts. Their Roblox camps are typically about 2.5 hours/day and $250/week.
Create & Learn
Roblox coding camps empower kids to learn valuable skills for their future careers, while having tons of fun with a game they already love! In live online camps led by experts, kids are guided through installing the free software and beginning to learn Lua, all the way through to advanced coding concepts such as tables, fairly complex use of variables and functions.
Our Roblox summer camps, winter camps, and more teach kids to create anything they can imagine with Roblox’s free and immersive creation engine. Find a Roblox camp that works for your schedule with camps offered 4 days a week, twice a week, or once a week.
Our free Roblox camp is the best starting place for children with no prior Roblox coding
|60 minutes | Average 5 Students Per Class|
Choose from structured weeklong camps (4 consecutive days) available in multiple time zones.
|Require familiarity of fundamental coding concepts (though block based coding such as Scratch is fine)|
Need Windows or Mac computers (no Chromebook), and mechanical mouse. This is a large class with many students.
|Location: Remote (Anywhere)||Ages: 8-10 (Depending On Camp)|
|Fees: $109.65||Skill Level: Beginner – Intermediate|
Create & Learn
- This class is for students who have not had any experience with Roblox Studio before. We will lead students to go through the process of installing and activating the Roblox Studio. Students will also finish a self-paced tutorial to create a simple interactive experience. Unlike most of our classes which have no more than 5 students per group, this class may include a large number of students and runs more like an office hour. The teacher will walk through the process, do demos, and answer questions as needed. Join us, build your first Roblox game, and have fun!
CodaKid’s Roblox coding courses for ages 8+ provide the perfect way to learn Lua programming and game design with Roblox Studio. Kids make amazing professional quality games that they can play with friends and family, or even sell on Roblox marketplace.
By far CodaKids Robox Summer Camps trump the others on the list in terms of course provided. Below are all of their current 13 Roblox coding courses, listed from Intro, Beginner, Intermediate, Advance and for All.
|Roblox Game Development: Obbies part 1||In this beginner Roblox coding course, students learn the basics of the Roblox Studio editor and use real Lua programming to make a professional quality Obstacle Course or ‘Obby’ game. Students master variables, functions and events||Intro|
|Roblox Game Development: Adventure Maps||In this popular Roblox coding course, students use the Roblox Studio editor and Lua programming to build their very own Adventure Map. We cover key concepts such as conditionals and variables.||Beginner|
|Roblox Game Development: Racing Maps||In this heart-pumping Roblox course, kids build exciting multiplayer racing games with Roblox Studio and the Lua programming language. We cover key concepts such as loops, conditionals, UI, and arrays||Intermediate|
|Roblox Game Development: Obbies part 2||In this course create an in-depth Advanced Obby! Create Spinning Blocks, a Speed Block, and an Exploding Door! Use Variables, Timers, and Events to make an awesome obstacle course!||Intro|
|Roblox Game Development: Pets||Create your own roblox pet to add to your game! Learn Lua programming, use variables, loops, and events!||All|
|Roblox Game Development: Marble Mania||Create a marble game in Roblox using Lua in this beginner level programming course! Learn how to use functions and events, but more importantly: see the marble, sense the marble… Become the marble!||All|
|Roblox Game Development: Infinite Runner||In this Intermediate level Roblox coding course, kids learn real Lua programming while making a fun Infinite Runner style game! Students gain more advanced knowledge of loops and conditionals in this course||Intermediate|
|Roblox Game Development: Dodgeball Arena||In this advanced Roblox scripting course, students create a Dodgeball arena using Roblox Studio and code the game dynamics with Lua. Students deepen their understanding of loops. conditionals, and collision detection||Intermediate|
|Roblox Game Development: Battle Royale||In this Roblox game development course, students create a Fortnite-style Battle Royale Game with custom weapons of their own design! Students will learn advanced concepts covering animation, for loops, global scripts, and client/server events.||Advanced|
|Roblox Game Development: Tycoon Game||In this advanced Roblox game development course, students create their own Tycoon Game where players can get rich and compete in building their own Roblox Factory Empire! Students will learn advanced concepts covering inheritance, workspace hierarchy, object values, and type casting.||Advanced|
|Roblox Game Development: Mining Simulator||Create an awesome Mining Simulator! Learn Lua Programming. Use Conditionals, Loops, Functions and Events. Embark on 5 Epic Quests. Design your own custom quarry and map. Make your own shop to purchase upgrades and design a custom GUI!||Advanced|
|Roblox Game Development: Speed Simulator||In this advanced Roblox game development course, students create an addictive Speed Simulator game where players can race their friends and trade steps for new trails! Students gain an understanding of Client and Server interaction, loops, conditionals, and UI.||Advanced|
|Robux on Roblox: Game Passes and Developer Products||Create your own Roblox Game Pass and Developer Product!Learn Lua Programming. Use Loops, conditionals, and the Marketplace Service. Embark on an Epic Quest and complete 5 Coding Challenges!||Advanced|
But wait there’s more! If your kid is interested in more than just Roblox Summer Camp, you’ll be happy to know that CodaKid has a monthly price membership that gives you unlimited access to all courses. Yes, you read that right.
CodaKid is constantly adding new courses each month, you can take each course anytime online. If your child needs more guidance you may also get online teacher support.
View all of CodaKid’s course here!
- CodaKid is a subscription based company that offers virtual mini-lessons included in your subscription. Instead of online-live classes like you will get with many competitors, Codakid is fully on demand. The courses are self-paced, but they do offer live support and mentoring during PST business hours.They offer a variety of options in terms of classes, and their subscription costs $25 per month. You can also buy bundles of lessons that go together. Bundles of lessons are typically $99.
How to pick the best Roblox camp for your student
Many times parents like to ask where is the best place to begin learning Roblox coding for their student. Here are a few quick tips to get you started in the right camp:
- Your child’s grade: The first consideration should be your child’s age group. Make sure the camp you pick has their grade level listed.
- Prior coding experience: The majority of our students begin with our free intro Roblox camps or Roblox camp Unit 1. If you have no prior coding experience, please begin with our Scratch coding camps.
- Budget: Purchasing a complete program such as the Roblox Program can help you save.
- Schedule: Pick a schedule that matches your child’s time preferences. If they’re a night owl, pick an evening class.
- More questions: If you’re not sure where to start, you can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get you set up.